10/13/11

4,442.84

If there's one thing I've learned already, it's the value of true love.

Next, it's the knowledge that it's not a race. 

Success is hardly the purpose of life. 

I stop and realize sometimes that it's our own system to which we forfeit such freedoms as housing and food and education to these aggrandized corporations that sell them as goods that require us to work for a living. Heaven forbid we miss a credit card payment. Some think hell is the epitome of eternal suffering. I'm not scared of hell. I'm scared of debt, which is game-over in this society, and way worse than an imaginary pit of fire. 

That said, it certainly sucks to the be hearing the howl of debt collectors on the dark horizon. They'll pounce from the shadow the moment I trip up.

Life is listening to Bon Iver vinyl.
Life is smoking on the windowsill. 

But the future is anything. It really is. 

I can't fathom the amount of different people I've met in my life. How many characters there are. How many personalities there are, how they interact, how they click and how they crash. I've become aware of the way we're all responsible for shaping reality. We're all on the same team and hopefully one day we'll recognize that. We're all in this together.

What amazes me about people is how much there is to learn from them, how to watch the ebb and flow of energy and how to discover what influences changes. I've learned that happiness is all that anyone wants, ever, no matter what they're doing. We cross paths but are always on our own because one person's happiness is never the same as another's. Since no two people seek happiness in the same fashion, coexisting gets difficult when it gets crowded. But I still think it's possible to be the change you want to see the world, so I've live my life 100% coexistable.

I learn the most when watching happiness happen. Hearing laughter. Even hearing about happiness is enlightening. Everyone's got a good story to tell about a time when their life was just really fucking awesome. It's those stories that I want to hear. It's those highlights that I want to learn about. How did they do it? Where can I try that in my own life? Everyone I meet and connect with is a hero to me, someone I look up to, confide in, learn from and love.

Life is being naked.
Life is at the beach. 

Every experience teaches.

It's all wonderful, really. From my socks to the clouds in the sky, just beautiful, this thing called life. I wish I knew if there was actually one entity responsible for all of this because I'd really like to shake their hand. Fantastic work, whoever you are. 

It's totally true that humans haven't really gotten their shit together yet. We're pretty close, but it's not gonna happen any time soon. There's still a lot of bad decisions and worse luck going on in this world. Bad things still happen to good people. Like Forest Gump said, "Shit happens."

I'm okay with that. I'll do what I can, but it's out of my control.

I'm all about string theory chaos shit. I wish the world was a little less violent, but we're still just a bunch of dumb animals, no more random than the behavior of a pack of wolves. Except we have guns and a billion different languages and stubborn egos. We might never stop fighting. There's always gonna be one guy who wants to be Alpha. 

Love is string theory chaos at its best.
You find love, you tie that string around your wrist and never take it off. 

I know that money can't buy happiness. 
I know that money's still important.
"It's hard to remember you're alive for the first time / It's hard to remember you're alive for the last time." Modest Mouse.
I know it's not a race. 

This is the pursuit of happiness. It doesn't get any simpler. Happiness for me is exploration. It's making big decisions. It's taking the stairs instead of the escalator. It's facing challenges enthusiastically despite feeling sometimes like I'm trying to intimidate the ocean with a straw. We are meant to try and succeed or try and fail. We don't wake up every day for no reason. Those hours are gift. Use them.

Maybe this sentiment will change as age slips by, but for the most part I like to think I've got my life philosophy figured out. It's very much a do-unto-others view of the world. 

Oh, and don't forget to smell the roses. 
That's more important than you think.

Life is the morning after rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment