10/4/11

4,635.75

There's really not a whole lot to say. There's certainly a whole lot to feel. I'm facing a goodbye that will permanently change things. That's a tough one to swallow. I'm not worried. I'm actually really excited about it. I'm proud of Jenny and happy she has this opportunity to travel and teach and learn. I'm happy we had this summer together and I'm content with our long-distance plans. Life is short and it's hard to remember you only get one, so if we aren't taking big risks like this, then why bother? 

Meanwhile, I've got an interview with Global Education on Monday as part of my application to the TESOL program in Istanbul. I've got to touch up on my knowledge of Turkish politics and current events, of which I have none, because that'll come up during the interview. From what little research I've done so far, it sounds like Turkey is pretty goddamn awesome. Istanbul has a population of more than 13 million people. Sacramento has 1 million. It's mostly Muslim, they speak Turkish, the government is democratic, the economy is highly-ranked, they've got high-speed rail and a strong military presence. It looks beautiful. 

The day after that, I'm scheduled for a Shadow Session with a Reading Partners tutor at Bret Harte Elementary. This'll lead to some tutoring experience. That'll be good. 

Money's dwindling, slowly but surely. Today's rent payment took out a big chunk. I'm sure the decline will balance out after Jenny leaves because I've neglected my financial concerns during her last few weeks in Sacramento. I'll take money more seriously when it's just me. Plus I'm pretty secure, rent-wise, until February, which is when my studying-abroad would begin and financial aid gets processed. Honestly the big concern is unforeseen expenses, which, as of now, remain unforeseen. 

Tomorrow is Jenny's last day in the United States. 

I'm at a loss for words. 

4,635.75

1 comment: