1/2/12

1,609.82

I think this is when things start to move really quickly.

My mom dropped me off at home after our overnight visit to Grandpa in Napa, and she left with my television, my desk, some of my art, some of my books, my videogames and my mirror. 

Now I'm in the middle of a musical flashback, listening to all the songs that played a big role in the past year. Next: "Wake Up" by Dr. Dog. 

Iven might come down the hill to hang out later, now with the added weight of this being "The Last Month," which means there's not a moment to be wasted. Yes, I'll be back in seven months, but who knows where life may take my friends while I'm gone? Iven might be in Hawaii by then.

Crazy to think about, but I'm 28 days from life in another country. This is the part of the amusement park line where you can see the platform where people are boarding the rollercoaster. You get that flutter in your gut. Secretly, you look for the emergency exits, just in case, but really you're trying to decide which row you want to sit in. 

My room is dissolving around me, just as planned. Weird to see it happening. There's still a lot of stuff to take care of. My mom thinks I should have that root canal done on Tooth 13 before I leave. I wish I hadn't mentioned it... She's probably right. Then I've gotta cancel my phone service. I've got to tell Paul that I'm moving out and pay the last month's rent. I've got to see Tim about getting a hold of my W2 before I leave, if possible. I've got some paperwork to finish with Global Education and, of course, the purchasing of my last two plane tickets. 

Also, good news: I got this e-mail from the Superdorm telling me that my wire transfer was successful, so I now officially have a place to live. 
Hi,
 
Jan 5th is the deadline for the money to go out on your side and sending of the bank doc for proof. It does take sometime up to 2 weeks depending on the "sending" bank. Luckily however, your funds transfer already reflected in our account as 2.360,- Euros the difference being broker's commission (not our bank) which is deducted from the security deposit.
 
Yours,
Superdorm Office
Also, forgot I took some decent photos in Colorado.
































No comments:

Post a Comment