11/27/11

2,836.38

About a year ago, I wrote:
"Right now I am on my deathbed looking back at a life that I know was good. I will surround myself with stories. I will live this life as well as I will one day remember it being."
I bring this up because a couple days ago I watched "Waking Life" again with the benefit of being old enough to understand what the hell it was about. Found it echoing with the mindset of the Occupy Movement, like the words of a prophet. It's a heavy movie to digest, chock full of philosophy and science and theory, but worth the effort. Anyway, there's this part where two characters are talking about dreams and death, and the woman discusses this feeling that she's an old woman in her deathbed looking back on her life. It was really neat to hear another person feel the same way as I do. And peculiar timing to come across that old excerpt just after encountering that very thought in an old film. 

The basic outline of my near future:
  1. Complete ESL group project
  2. Teach myself how to play backgammon
  3. Finish research paper
  4. Finish Munk cartoon
  5. Get rid of all my stuff
  6. Revise screenplay
  7. Finish semester with good grades
  8. New York?
I can't see much past Christmas, but I can see my flight leaving in early February for Istanbul and Jenny's flight arriving in Istanbul in April. Everything else remains unplanned and unforeseeable. I sense good things. I sense adventures I can't even imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Can you see coming to Korea for a summer?! Nudge nudge, wink, wink, nag, nag :) Can't help it...Anywho, love and stuff <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly see Korea. It's the details of that endeavor that remain unclear.

    ReplyDelete