11/11/11

3,089.06

The only reason I'm blogging right now is because it's 11/11/11 and that shit only happens once. Just kidding. The reason I'm blogging is because I woke up early and can't fall back to sleep. Looks like it's gonna rain today. It's Friday, by the way. Already. And it's already the 11th, of November, and in case you weren't paying attention the year is almost over. Just like that.

Last night Daniel threw a dinner party with risotto and squash ravioli. Great food, good turnout. Kelly and I showed up around eight. The three roommates were there, of course: Rita, Alan, and Daniel. Then there was Katy and Katie, followed by another trio of folks and Brendan. Three glasses of wine and a full-stomach later, the bunch of us were gathered around the table playing card games and I was having a better time than I expected to (generally prone to talking myself out of such social endeavors). Katie (or Katy, I forget) has been a teacher for 12 years and now works at a charter school and loves it. Rita subs at the same school. So not only did I get to hear a bunch of positive things about teaching, but any time I mentioned Istanbul people made Oh Faces and told me how awesome that place is. Brendan even knows someone whose family lives there. I didn't really get to know the other three people before Kelly was ready to go. Nice to catch up with Alan. Daniel was busy in the kitchen, but he seems to be doing good and it was nice to meet his new girl. They rolled ravioli together and it was adorable. It was a nice night. Very comfortable. When I got home I put in some work on my new cartoon endeavor and passed out around midnight. I'm calling it Munk's Tale

This weekend I have a grammar project and a research paper to finish. 

I also don't have to tutor for the rest of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment