12/28/11

1,442.68

I woke up this morning to find this in my e-mail:
Hi Chris,
 
We regret to tell you that the FedEx delivery with your contract and pictures were held in the Turkish customs because "declared value of 111,- Dollars exceeds the limit allowed!" This is what we were told when we called the FedEx people. It is simply bad writing that the first figure which is a Dollar sign looks very much like "1". The result is that  the Dorm Manager is asked to go all the way out to the airport customs, pay handling charge of about $15,- plus customs duty of about the same amount to pick up the envelope. The FedEx people in Turkey do not appear to be willing to help at all. Meanwhile,  our manager Ms.Selamioglu emailed the FedEx Customer Support as well.
 
We now ask you to please bring another set of signed contract and 2 pictures with you to submit during check in.
 
It might be a good idea though to inform the FedEx Office in Sacremento so that someone with more legible handwriting can write the outgoing documents.
 
Yours,
Superdorm Office
So I guess this means they're not going to bother with FedEx anymore and I don't think the Dorm Manager is going to pay the fees to pick up my documents. But that misprinted dollar sign hasn't stalled my application process, it seems, because it sounds like they'll accept the envelope's arrival as proof enough that I want to move in, so now I just have to bring hard-copies with me when I get there. I sent them a reply e-mail to verify this information, and to ask them about the wire transfer, and hopefully things will smooth out just fine. Unless they're being dead serious, I'm glad to see that the Superdorm Office has a sense of humor.

Goddamn FedEx. This is going on Yelp for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Yelp the fuck out of those motherfuckers! They'll regret this mistake for sure!

    ReplyDelete